Migrating to AWS
|Course Details||Find Out More|
Migrating to AWS focuses on planning and migrating existing workloads to the AWS Cloud. The course covers various cloud migration strategies with a detailed discussion on each phase of the migration process, including portfolio discovery, application migration planning and design, migration execution, and post-migration validation and application optimization. The first part of the course provides students with an overview of migration planning principles and best practices, and the second half of the class focuses on migration design and implementation with hands-on labs to reinforce concepts.
Who Can Benefit
- This course is intended for:
- Solutions Architects and engineers who perform cloud migrations and have completed AWS Technical Essentials or Architecting on AWS
- IT Project Managers who are involved in projects related to migrating existing workloads to the AWS Cloud and have completed AWS Technical Essentials or Architecting on AWS
- Individuals who are part of an organization’s cloud Center of Excellence (CoE)
- This course teaches you how to:
- Explain the various cloud migration strategies.
- Assess cloud migration readiness.
- Discover your portfolio and plan for migration.
- Plan and design your application migration strategy.
- Perform and validate application migration to the cloud.
- Optimize your applications and operations after migrating to the cloud.
- We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- For IT project managers - courses taken: AWS Technical Essentials
- For IT professionals - courses taken: Architecting on AWS
- Certifications achieved (optional): AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
- Familiarity with enterprise IT infrastructure (hardware and software)
- This course will be delivered through a mix of:
- Instructor-led Training (ILT)
- Hands-on Labs
- This course covers the following concepts:
- Day 1
- Migrating to AWS - An Overview
- Discovery, Analysis, and Planning
- Migration Planning and Design
- Day 2
- Migration, Integration, and Validation
- Optimizing Applications and Operating in the AWS Cloud
- Note: course outline may vary slightly based on the regional location and/or language in which the class is delivered.