Best Practices for Password Security
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2019 and filed under Articles
A large number of business data security breaches are the result of poor password security. These best practices can improve your business security:
- Use “strong” passwords. Have a business policy that passwords must be over eight characters and must include all of these: letters, numbers, uppercase, lowercase, and symbols.
- Avoid using the same password. It can be tempting to use the same password for every login – encourage your employees to have unique passwords for every different app or software they need to log into.
- Make two-factor authentication a requirement. This password practice can keep your data safe and secure from hackers by preventing stolen passwords.
- Use a password manager, so employees don’t write down the numerous passwords they need to use each day. With a password manager, your employees only need to remember one password – the other passwords are stored in the manager.
- Change passwords frequently. It may seem like a nuisance to update passwords, but this practice is key to keeping your business data safe.