Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions Workshop
|Course Details||Find Out More|
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions (RH259) is designed to teach Linux® administrators how to adapt Red Hat® Enterprise Linux for the installation and operation of the in-memory database SAP HANA. This course discusses the system architecture with a focus on performance tuning and troubleshooting in order to meet the requirements of SAP. This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4.
Who Can Benefit
- This course is designed for system administrators who manage SAP environments on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and are interested in learning how to get the storage and network performance required.
- Build knowledge needed to install and operate SAP HANA successfully on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
- Review techniques on performance tuning and troubleshooting to get the most out of Red Hat Enterprise Linux when using SAP products.
- Be a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Get help in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Resolve problems using Red Hat support utilities and on-line systems.
- Perform service management and boot troubleshooting
- Control and monitor system daemons and troubleshoot the Red Hat Enterprise Linux boot process.
- Configure system tunables
- Learn several methods to configure operating system tuning parameters.
- Manage IPV4 networking review
- Configure and troubleshoot basic IPv4 networking on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
- Execute network teaming
- Learn how to configure 803.3ad network link aggregation.
- Update software packages
- Download, install, update, and manage software packages from Red Hat and YUM package repositories.
- Manage tuned profiles
- Deploy the automatic tuning daemon and create tuned profiles.
- Limit resource usage
- Configure POSIX resource limits and manage control groups.
- Understand storage profiling
- Describe and use tools to generate a storage profile.
- Tune file systems
- Tune Linux filesystems for a database workload.
- Explore SAP HANA architecture
- Understand the core concepts of the SAP HANA architecture.
- Learn Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA
- Understand the requirements of and how to install the SAP HANA add-on for Red Hat Enterprise Linux and SAP HANA Express.
- Consider Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA deployment options
- Learn various ways to deploy Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA in the cloud or using Red Hat® Satellite or Red Hat® Ansible Automation.