How to Get Started with Quickbooks for Your Accounting Needs
Posted on Friday, April 8, 2022 and filed under Articles
QuickBooks is an account management tool that helps track business transactions and finances. By keeping a record of income and expenses, it proves effective in maintaining businesses’ financial health. The tool’s features include invoicing customers, preparing taxes, paying bills, and generating reports for other activities. Other than that, QuickBooks offers different accounting solutions for your business, such as inventory control. Despite the scale of business operations, you can keep track of your finances. If you are new to QuickBooks, here are some essential steps you can take to get started:
- Download and install the software.
- Register your company with the QuickBooks accountant.
- Add your clients and customers. Also include their details, addresses, and contact numbers. This will appear on the invoices you will create through this tool.
- Enter your vendors and employees.
- Start your first transaction and track your money flow.
- Review expense labels and confirm with your team.
- Generate your first profit and loss report.
- List down the features you require to manage your accounts and customize the software according to your needs.
Once you are all set with the QuickBooks accounting and managing software, you can print your financial statements, including balance sheet, profit, and loss report, and statement of cash flow. Also, you can track employees’ performance by creating separate profiles and manage their hours, and run payroll. QuickBooks enables you to track your inventory and expenses. In simple words, QuickBooks simplifies and streamlines your business’s financial activities through a single platform.